"From my late father, Reb Shlomo Hakohen Schachter, I learned the modes of prayer and many songs of devotion and celebration. Fifteen years after his passing I recorded these songs, many of which have already been forgotten. They mostly represent a selection of pre-Holocaust hassidic devoutness and joy.
Songs 1 - 8 are in the genre of Basking In The Presence: Celebrating The Contemplative Secret. Songs 9 - 21 are in the genre of Dancing With God: Celebrating The Joyous Secret."
-- Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi
- Zar'a Hayah V'Kayama. Living Seed.
- Hokhmat Adam Ta'ir Panav. Wisdom's Shining Face.
- Y'Did Nefesh. Beloved of My Soul.
- The Tzemach Tzedek's D'Vekut. In Loving Touch With G.D.
- Ba'tl L'Gani. I Came To My Garden To Meet My Beloved.
- V'Taher Libbenu. Please Wash My Heart So My Labor Won't Be In Vain
- Makarever Niggun. A Tune From The Tchernobyl Dynasty.
- El Adon.
- Modzhitz March.
- Niggun From Nicholsburg.
- Modzhitz Dance.
- Hama'vir Banav. He Brought Us Through The Red Sea.
- Balkan Dance
- We Won - An After Neilah Triumphal March
- Galitzianer Table Banger I.
- Galitzianer Table Banger II.
- Hungarian Gypsy Tune For Dror Yikra. Let Freedom Ring.
- Mimkomakh. Please Appear From Your Place.
- Pa's Niggun.
- Avrumtche Geiger's March.
- This Is King David's Feast.
- © 1999 Cloister Recordings. All rights reserved.
- Produced by E.J. Gold
- Engineered by Jimmi Accardi
- © 1990 Gateways
- Remastered for CD by Oz Fritz
- Special thanks to E.J. Gold and Community
- Recording Artists:
- Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi - vocals, whistles, percussion, keyboard
- Eve Ilsen - vocals, guitar
- Jimmi Accardi - synthesizer, whimsy, patience, persistence, skill
- Cover art: "Sim Shalom!", Zoe Alowan Goldstein, C.G.I., © 1999 hei