Shaman Ritual Series II: Golden Age
In the beginning was...the drum!
The Hi-Tech Shaman invokes his Golden Age in ritual, as clapping and footstamping rhythms give rise to percussion on sticks, rattles, re-kinto, congas, drum kit, tambourine, cymbals, brass bells.
In the studio ceremony, guitar, vibes and keyboard pick up the driving and mesmerizing formulas in sound.
This brand of magic lulls the rational mind, stills the body with sonic acupuncture, stirs the heart into unaccustomed co-operation.
If "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny", then this recording of school music is a case of "choreography recapitulates historiography," allowing for a little macro-dimensional two-step by E.J. Gold
- Golden Age
- Bronze Age
- Iron Age
- Stone Age
- Samson Agonistes
- Pythagorean Concept
- Tigris Euphrates
- Tamil Tribesman
- Gambia Line
- Polyrhythm #1
- Polyrhythm #2
- Polyrhythm #3
- Polyrhythm #4
- Polyrhythm #5
- Polyrhythm #6
- Polyrhythm #7
- © 1998 Cloister Recordings
- All original compositions by E.J. Gold
- All compositions © 1989 by Gateways.
- All rights reserved.
- Unauthorized duplication is prohibited by law.
- Produced by E.J. Gold
- Engineered by Claude Needham
- Recorded in Gateways Studios, Nevada City, CA
- Recording artists:
- All instruments by E.J. Gold
- Jazz drum kit by Bob Bachtold
- Additional percussion by E.J. Gold
- Mastered for CD by Oz Fritz
- Cover art: Une baigneuse avec le ballon solaire, E.J. Gold, pastel on Arches, 11"x15", ©1987 hei