The teachings of the American Book of the Dead (ABD) are those ancient instructions on living and dying as found in the traditions of ancient Egypt and Tibetan monasteries now written and spoken in modern English making them easily accessible to the West.
As one hears the words of the ABD recited by its author E.J. Gold, an expansive vision presents itself.
While listening, the teaching unfolds and certain concepts present themselves coalescing as encapsulated ideas which form in one's consciousness in such a way as to be assimilated in a deeper understanding.
- Disk 1
- 1. Obligatory Reader's Invocation
- 2. Reading #1 - The Symptoms
- 3. Reading #2
- 4. Reading #3
- 5. Reading #4 - Confronting the Clear Light
- 6. Second Stage of the Voyage excerpts from various chambers
- 7. Third Stage of the Voyage excerpts from various chambers
- Disk 2
- 1. The Six Dimensions
- 2. Havama, Norse 9th Century Bardic Lay
- 3. 20th Century North American Bardic Lay
- 4. Appendix B: Labyrinth Games List
- 5. List of Transition Indications (pg. 75)
- 6. Excerpts from various chambers
- 7. Macrodimensional Indicators (pg. 27)
- © 2000 Cloister Recordings
- Produced by E.J. Gold
- Engineered by Oz Fritz
- Read by E.J. Gold
- E.J. Gold - synth, harmonium, pythagorean harp, sax
- Fabio Pelligrini - ney
- Jimmi Accardi - synth
- Heather Valencia - high vocal chant
- Menlo Mcfarlane - didgeridoo
- Cloister Choir - Tibetan singing bowls
- Australian Aborigines - vocal chant
- Ambient sounds by Oz Fritz
- Front cover art: Golden Girl, E.J. Gold, acrylic on canvas, ©1998 h.e.i.
- The Original American Book of the Dead, 25th Anniversary Edition, published by Gateways Books & Tapes